This is our tentative schedule of meetings for the year. We invite anyone interested in entomology to participate in our meetings. The schedule may change over the year, so we encourage you to contact us or check the site for updates. For field trips, we often leave at 8 a.m. from the Lakeview Museum parking lot.
All meetings are held (or start) at Lakeview Museum (1125 W. Lake, Peoria, IL). Generally, we start at 9 a.m. (usually on the third Saturday of the month). There is no December meeting due to the proximity to the holidays.
- January 21, 2012 – planning meeting
- February 18, 2012 – Frank Hitchell collection (meet at Frank’s house at 9 a.m.)
- March 24, 2012 – St. Louis Butterfly House field trip (leave at 8 a.m. from Lakeview)
- April 28, 2012 – Revis Ridge field trip (leave at 8 a.m. from Lakeview)
- May 19, 2012 – Rocky Glen field trip (leave at 9 a.m. from Lakeview)
- June 16, 2012 - Banner river walk field trip (leave at 9 a.m. from Lakeview)
- July 21, 2012 – Jubilee night collecting field trip (meet at 8 p.m. at Jubilee State Park)
- August 18, 2012 – Midewin Natural Tallgrass Prairie field trip (leave at 8 a.m. from Lakeview)
- September 15, 2012 - Jubilee picnic and night collecting (meet at 5 p.m. at Jubilee State Park)
- October 20, 2012 – Singing Woods field trip (leave at 9 a.m. from Lakeview)
- November 17, 2012 – fumigate Lakeview Museum insect collection