We met in January and established the our tentative event schedule for 2020. These are listed below. All events start on Saturday at 9 a.m. unless otherwise noted. In the event of inclement weather, we plan to meet the following day (Sunday at 1 p.m. rather than canceling the trip this year). We welcome new members and look forward to meeting you at these events. You can also find us on Meetup this year. [Our Meetup calendar has also been updated with this schedule].
- February 15th (we met at Frank’s house) – Mark DuBois discussed insects preserved in burmite (amber from Myanmar). He brought numerous examples. Here is a link to a handout version of his slides (6 slides per page).
March 21st (meet at old Lakeview Museum parking lot) – we will visit the Illinois Natural History Survey in Champaign.Meeting canceled due to virus (and being on the side of caution). April 25th (meet at old Lakeview Museum parking lot) – trip to Revis Hill Nature Preserve. Meeting canceled due to virus (and being on the side of caution).
- May 16th (meet at Rock Island State Trail parking lot) – trip to Rock Island State Trail. If you need directions, please see the map on our Meetup page.
- June 20th (meet at old Lakeview Museum parking lot) – trip to Dixon Waterfowl Refuge.
- July 25th (meet at old Lakeview Museum parking lot) – trip to Jubilee State Park (Observatory trail).
- August 15th (meet at old Lakeview Museum parking lot) – trip to Spoon River State Forest.
- September 26th – potluck picnic at Jubilee College State Park (starts at 5 p.m.). We will also stay around for a bit of night time observing of insects attracted to a mercury vapor lamp. Hope to see you there.
- October 17th (meet at Frank’s house) – trip to Singing Woods.
- November 7th (meet at Frank’s house – park in the cul de sac behind his house) – we will take a waling tour of Robinson Park West. Note: we are meeting earlier this month as the weather is expected to be great for walking on Nov. 7.
- December – no meeting – Happy Holidays.