We decided in January to establish our tentative event schedule for 2022. Given the pandemic, these dates may change (or we may decide to pursue another route). Please check this page for updates. These are listed below. All events start on Saturday at 9 a.m. unless otherwise noted. In the event of inclement weather, we plan to meet the following day (Sunday at 1 p.m. rather than canceling the trip this year). We welcome new members and look forward to meeting you at these events. You can also find us on Meetup this year. [Our Meetup calendar has also been updated with this schedule].
- February 19th will be a hike at Forest Park Nature Center [Peoria, IL] (we will meet at the Forest Park Visitor Center at 9 a.m. for this event).
- March 19th we will meet at Frank’s house and travel to Merwin Nature Preserve.
- April 16th – we will meet at Frank’s house and drive to Henry Gleason Nature Preserve (Mason Co.).
- May 21st – we will meet at Frank’s house for Rob Mitchell’s walkabout.
- June 18th – we will meet at Frank’s house and drive to Dixon Waterfowl Refuge (near Henneppin, IL).
- July 16th – we will meet at Banner Marsh and observe aquatic insects.
- August 20th – we will meet at Frank’s house and drive to the Illinois State Museum (Springfield, IL).
- September 17th – we will meet at Jubilee Park (probably Red Fox Run) at 5 pm for a picnic and night collecting/ observing of insects.
- October 15th – we will meet at Frank’s house and drive to Singing Woods.
- November 19th – we will meet at Frank’s house for an insect show and tell.
- December there will be no meeting – Happy Holidays.