Our 2023 Meeting Schedule
We decided in January to establish our tentative event schedule for 2023. It is possible these dates may change (or we may decide to pursue another route). Please check this page for updates before each planned event. These are listed below. All events start on Saturday at 9 a.m. unless otherwise noted. In the event of inclement weather, we plan to meet the following day (Sunday at 1 p.m. rather than canceling the trip this year). We welcome new members and look forward to meeting you at these events. You can also find us on Meetup this year. [Our Meetup calendar has also been updated with this schedule].
- February 18th will be a fossil insect identification challenge. We will meet at Frank’s house.
- March 25th we will meet at Frank’s house and travel to Funks’ Grove Mineral Museum. Those who wish to meet us there – we will arrive about 10:30.
- April 15th – we will meet at Frank’s house and drive to Merwin Nature Preserve (north of Bloomington).
- May 20st – we will meet at Frank’s house and travel to Spring Creek Nature Preserve (the entrance off Grosenbach Road) to tour the mounds and more.
- June 17th – we will meet at Frank’s house and travel to Henry Gleason Nature Preserve (Mason Co.).
- July 15th – we will meet at Frank’s house and travel to Elwood Wildlife Reserve (near Bartonville).
- August 19th – we will meet at Frank’s house and travel to Jubilee College State Park. We will meet at the creek crossing and walk the trail along Kickapoo Creek.
- September 16th – we will meet at Jubilee Park (probably Red Fox Run) at 5 pm for a picnic and night collecting/ observing of insects.
- October 21st – we will meet at Frank’s house and drive to Camp Wakonda (we will tour Robinson Park from the north; hence parking our cars at Camp Wakonda parking lot).
- November 18th – we will meet at Frank’s house for an insect show and tell.
- December there will be no meeting – Happy Holidays.