Our 2024 Meeting Schedule
We decided in January to establish our tentative event schedule for 2024. It is possible these dates may change (or we may decide to pursue another route). Please check this page for updates before each planned event. These are listed below. All events start on Saturday at 9 a.m. unless otherwise noted. In the event of inclement weather, we plan to meet the following day (Sunday at 1 p.m. rather than canceling the trip this year). We welcome new members and look forward to meeting you at these events. You can also find us on Meetup this year. [Our Meetup calendar has also been updated with this schedule]. If you would like to print your own copy of our agenda for the year, we provide this PDF version.
- February 17th view the insect exhibit at the Peoria Riverfront Museum. We will meet at the registration desk at the Peoria Riverfront Museum at 10 a.m.
- March 16th we will meet at Forest Park Nature Center Visitor Center and walk the trails.
- April 27th – we will meet at Frank’s house and drive to Merwin Nature Preserve (north of Bloomington).
- May 18th – we will meet at Frank’s house and travel to Lincoln Memorial Garden (Springfield).
- June 15th – we will meet at Farmdale Reservoir Parking Lot.
- July 20th – we will meet at Frank’s house and travel to Moraine View State Park (east of Bloomington).
- August 17th – we will meet at Frank’s house and travel to Weston Cemetery Prairie (east of Chenoa).
- September 21st – we will meet at Jubilee Park (probably Red Fox Run) at 5 pm for a picnic and night collecting/ observing of insects.
- October 19th – we will meet at Frank’s house and drive to Singing Woods.
- November 18th – we will meet at Frank’s house for an insect show and tell.
- December there will be no meeting – Happy Holidays.